Thursday, November 08, 2007

Ok. So, Yea and Stuff

Hola, Interwebs. This is an update about me. I would update you on other matters, however I have to live up to the title of this 'blog.

The past few months have been interesting, exciting, terrifying, liberating, joyful, and many other, mostly positive, adjectives.

I've been in the theatre non-stop since July 1. Well, I took two weeks off there in August, but otherwise, it's been go, go, go. I'm closing up a run of Euripides's' "Trojan Women" at Meredith College right now. My sentiments surrounding the show are mixed, indeed. If you've seen the show, or if not, grab a hold of me offline for interesting conversation.

I have a new girlfriend. Too soon, you ask? No, I respond. Just right. I've recently been accused of being a serial monogamist. Well, not accused, but inquired as to whether I was or not. So, adopting the title was a choice I made. I am. I like it. New GF is named Melissa (aka Melly Mel) and she's pretty awesome. She's not perfect. None are nor ever will be. However, I take great joy in all of who she is and hopes to be, even if all those things scare me a bit. She's an actress/dancer, in that order, and this leads us to find rather creative means of spending time together and also to exchanging intelligent conversation over tea and quinoa. She's a crafty one, too. I don't mean she does crafts. I mean she's sneaky and sly, but not in a deceptive way. She has her wits well about her and helps me find perspective - often different ones at that. And she's absolutely gorgeous, but I'm sure you knew that.

I have a roommate these days, as well. The Emperor has taken up shop on my living room floor. I'm always glad to help a friend in need and his company has yet to be in any way a nuisance. We've actually decided to found Empire HQ just down the road a bit in a two-bedroom apartment. We'll let you know when HQ is up and running for public tours.

Autumn is here. She flew in late and sudden and I've been rather chilly ever since - especially my toes. Circulation issues, perhaps...I'm endeavoring to leave the heat off this Winter, however I worry that the apt. may be too poorly insulated for such lofty goals. Also, the sun is hidden by trees, even though I have two eastward facing windows, so She offers little heat during the day.

If you've not read The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, you're doing yourself a great disservice. This book is changing my life. I'm reading it after recently finishing another life altering book entitled The Intent to Live by Larry Moss. If you are an actor reading this 'blog, you owe it to yourself to buy, read, and study Mr. Moss's lessons.

Plans have been made and steps have been taken to take the plunge into the great unknown that is New York City. Mixed emotions about this as well. I'm not there yet, but I long to be. There is a great passion within me for this thing I do called acting and the artist within me is screaming at me many things - mostly dreams. I suppose there are two choices here: listen or ignore. Today, I choose to listen, give in to passion, and dare to follow dreams.

Heard on NPR: In life we have to make terrifying choices or else we will die a slow death.

I'm too young to start dying.

No comments: