Monday, June 25, 2007

Be Like the Squirrel

Hello ladies and gentleman and thank you for joining us today at Ye Olde Ego. That is, to say, if this blog was an establishment for the procurement of alcoholic beverages and spirits, it would most certainly have a large wooden sign outside, not unlike a wagon wheel, stating the name of said establishment boldly as, "Ye Olde Timey Ego." However, this is a blog, not an establishment, which is good because all of the coolest blogs are anti-establishment. Duh.


*****WARNING*****

NON-SEQUITOR APPROACHING!

Do you like cheese? I do. I avoid milk, and often cheese as well. However, no one's hear and I have some colby jack cheese and some Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil Triscuits. Do I dare? Do I? Indeed, I dare. Indeed.

I wanted to post a video in this post to make it more "multi-media-ed," if you will. Here's a video that Egm and Sean Cross showed me on their recent visit to Raleigh.



They came and showed me their baby and put it my lap and I was afraid I might break it. But she is beautiful to behold. See how did that with the looking and the holding in the same sentence? We had tea and went out for sushi. I had a fantastic time.

I signed up for Facebook this week. It's kind weird, I know, but you'll adjust. It's called social networking and it's how people communicate in the 21st Century. By no means am I encouraging you to open a Facebook account. However, in the event that you do, you may end up being my friend -- as if you weren't my friend now (you can even have varying degrees of friendliness with others on this Facebook). After becoming my friend (again, officially(?)) you may look at my profile page and you might even read it. If you did that, then you will more than likely, at some point, read, "Relationship Status: Single." It's true.

There's that then.

I saw Million Dollar Baby and it was a good movie. It wasn't great, Hillary Swank was nothing spectacular. Greg said that the movie set you up, I think I kinda disagree, particularly because he's not here to defend himself. Clint Eastwood was great but that was a given. Good story. Good script. Best Director? Good Director. I don't know. A worthy film to watch.

In closing:

Take all your problems and rip 'em apart
O, o, a-oh, o
Carry them off in a shopping cart
O, o, a-oh, o

Another thing you should've known from the start
O, o, a-oh, o
The problems in hand are lighter than at heart
O, o, a-oh, o

Be like the squirrel, girl be like the squirrel
O, o, a-oh, o
Give it a whirl, girl be like the squirrel
O, o, a-oh, o
Be like the squirrel, be like the squirrel

--Jack White

1 comment:

Andronicus said...

I am happy to see you return Ye Olde Anti-Establishment. I hope they will not be so few and far between in the future.