Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Volver

Have you seen this movie? Why not? It's really pretty fantastic.

This is Penelope Cruz. Not only is she a total babe, but she is actually a pretty good actress. She does pretty awesome in this movie, but Oscar nod? I don't know. There was that scene, like there is always "that scene" where you just know that this is the moment that can really set you apart and I just thought it was lacking. If you see/have seen it we can discuss. This movie is totally twisted and morbid, but also funny and heart-warming. Dark comedy? I think so.

The Netflix r0x0r5 my b0x0r5

The Rockel is moving soon and I'm going to be planning a party for it. There will be an e-vite and if you want one, you should let me know. We haven't made a list, yet, will you be on it? There will be beer, grilling, and an all around good time. There will be seafood. There will not be cow, or pork, or poultry, or lamb, or various and sundry other meats because they have feelings and everyone knows that fish don't have feelings.

Easter was a good time, too. I managed to make it back home to Columbia for a weekend and party a bit for some birthday's and also take some family pictures which, believe it or not, came out really good. My family is way hot. I'm not boasting, I'm just saying that, y'know, if you're jealous, I understand. If I wasn't in my family I would be jealous, too.

This weekend marks the opening of Campbell University's newest theatrical production. Scapin which features Luke Custer, Jeff Enoch, and Monkey. You should go. I know I am.

Speaking of theatre, I've been cast in a show for Hot Summer Nights at the Kennedy. I'll be performing in Wait Until Dark which was a broadway show before it was turned into a movie starring Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin in which she was nominated for an Academy Award. I'll be Sgt. Carlino, the crooked Italian cop who cons the blind protagonist into thinking he's her friend. I got type-casted. Am I upset? No. I love being Italian.

Next weekend, I think I'll go see Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe starring Ira David Wood III and Lynda Clark at Theatre in the Park. Anyone want to accompany me?

There are more things I could put here. Things like: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is a really good book but so pretentious that I have a tough time wanting to continue, The Hayworth moved, the Custer filmed, the dog is deaf, and the sky is on fire. But, I won't put those things here. Maybe somewhere else....but where?

1 comment:

wanderingshadow said...

I'll put volver on my list.
Let me know about the theatre you plan to see, and congrats on getting cast.