Saturday, August 19, 2006

Long Time No Speaky Speaky

Dear Ego,

Howdy. How you been? Haven't talked to you for a while. I've been neglecting you, I know. I've just been busy. What with working this job at First Citizens. I sit in a cube. It's kinda lame, but the pay is good. In my spare time, I've been hitting the gym and getting in shape. I haven't been the the gym in the last week because I started work at Theatre in the Park at Pullen Park. I have a very tiny tiny role and they don't pay anything but maybe it will lead to better things down the road. Otherwise life is pretty peachy and I can't really complain and even if I did no one would want to hear it.
But I know no one ever reads this thing anymore, so, I'm gonna complain.

Well, Ego, I gotta get going. Thanks for listening. I've got lots to do today including seeing Snakes on a Plane which is totally in line with classic B-films. Anyone who appreciates such awesome films like The Blob, The Fly, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, or Killer Clowns from Outer Space is practically required to go see this film, and I, fortunately, am in that very bizarre demographic.

I also need to find a new book. I read the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy at work in ten days. I finished in the morning of the day of my 30-day review, at which I was told not to read anymore. But still, that book totally rocked my whole face off and you need to go read it right now. Maybe I'll try The Silmarillion again. Back at CU, I borrowed Andie's copy and only made about a fourth of the way through but I think I'm ready for it now. I also am about halfway done with Plato's The Republic. It's over 300 pages of Socratic dialogue, so I have to read it in parts. I just finished the best part about Plato's creation of the philosopher-king. Afterwards, irony punched me in the kidney.

Take care of yourself, Ego.

Sincerely,

--The Cobra

3 comments:

Doyle said...

About freakin' time. You want another book to read in that Fantasy Vein? Go out and find yourself "The Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin, and then read the next 3 books in that series after that. You'll love it.

Andronicus said...

You were told not to read? Did they mean at work or just in general?

What were you doing, reading when you didn't have anything to do? Clarify.

Gaelic Star said...

Buddy, if you can read The Republic, then you can read The Silmarillion. It's good stuff.

And you'll excuse me if I say Snakes on a Plane just looks plain old stupid.