Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Alive!

No, it's not Jell-O. But, speaking of Jell-O, I never knew why anyone would eat anything who's slogan was "It's Alive!" I prefer to eat things that have been dead, and for some time. That's also assuming I'm eating something that had at one point been alive, which is a rarity indeed.

On a less gelatinous note, I, as Jell-O, am alive, but not in the wiggly, jiggly, been in the fridge for several hours kinda way. Moreso, I'm alive in a "I have yet to kick the bucket and join the bleeding choir almighty" kinda way. I graduated from college and now have my MBA. Hizzah! To celebrate, the Rockel bought me one of these:























For those of you unawares, or illiterate (and if this is the case, why you have ventured to the Ego is beyond me), that is Johnny Walker Blue Label "The Connoisseurs' Blend." The age of the whiskey (Scotch whiskey) is uncertain, but they are all kept for a minimum of 25 years, maturing in oak, with a strong peaty flavor yet remarkably smooth to the palate. So smooth, in fact, that we polished off a fifth of this ridiculously expensive liquor in an evening at the end of which we walked a mile and a half across Harnett County back to 30-Dizzle from a raucous party full of recent grads and a bonfire. I remember little of the trek back, but I recorded some thoughts on my phone including this message to myself:

"The Rockel wishes I was bald."

Bastardo.

That's spanish for "bastard."

I'm a linguistics genius.

Since then I've been diligently preparing to move to Raleigh. I'll be living next door to Cameron Village, so anyone looking to have a good time in the downtown metropolitan areas should look me up as you would not have to drive anywhere -- which totally rocks face. As far as work is concerned: HA! But seriously, I need a job. You wanna pay me 40K a year to do nothing? No? Maybe someone else will. Hell, I have my MBA.

I'm currently working on a production of Shadowlands, directed by Luke Custer, with Arising Light Productions. Buy tickets online and come see my show. It'll be great, you'll love it.

The force most responsible for my absence in the 'blog world has been my computer. After successfully discovering the cure for e-AIDS, I reinstalled the World of Warcraft and have since been fervently attempting to make hunter Grimthaka and his pet tiger, Tang, a dual force to be reckoned with. I am currently level 22 and need to get to 60. So, in the event of another prolonged absence, go to Wal-Mart, buy World of Warcraft, join the Horde, create a character in the server "Zul'jin," send Grimthaka a tell (and money) and we can have a wonderful fantasy conversation in a world that does not exist -- but, oh, how we love to pretend it does.

Speaking of which, there are Kodo Beasts and Deepweater Moss Spiders that need being slain today. So, adieu (there I go with the linguistics, again). In the meantime, listen to some Gnarls Barkley. They are a new hip-hop group coming to you as a collaboration of former Goody Mob member, Cee-Lo, and DJ Danger Mouse. Both are very good at what they do and they bring a strong, positive message through hip-hop music with sick-nasty, progressive beats. Check out the video for "Crazy" at Yahoo! Launch for a serious mind trip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blue Lable is overrated.

Doyle said...

The reason Rockel wishes you were bald is that he likes me better, especially w/ my new svelte shaved bald look goin' on.