Thursday, March 09, 2006

'Tis a Black Day

Man it seems like I'm duckin dodgin bullets everyday
Niggaz hatin on me cause I got, hoes on the tray
But I gotta stay paid, gotta stay above water
Couldn't keep up with my hoes, that's when shit got harder
North Memphis where I'm from, I'm 7th Street bound
Where niggaz all the time end up lost and never found
Man these girls think we prove thangs, leave a big head
They come hopin every night, they don't end up bein dead
Wait I got a snow bunny, and a black girl too
You pay the right price and they'll both do you
That's the way the game goes, gotta keep it strictly pimpin
Gotta have my hustle tight, makin change off these women, yeah


--From Academy Award Winning song for Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song) "It's Hard Out There for a Pimp" by Djay featuring Shug.
This song beat Dolly Parton and an amazing compilation from Crash. Their acceptance speech follows:

"Oh, my. Hey, we want to thank Keith Young our choreographer. And the whole Sony Records, Lisa Ellis, our moms, our whole families. Thank you, Jesus. And for giving us a chance, the Academy. We love the Academy. You know what I'm saying? Gil Cates. Everybody. I got plenty of time. Ain't nobody else. I want to thank everybody. Yeah. Donnie Ienner. Once again our families. Ludacris. What's up? Going down. George Clooney, my favorite man, he showed me love when I first met him. We bringing the house. We out of here. Memphis, Tennessee!"

I'm road-trippin' through Spring Break so, when I get back to the Creek I'll let everyone know how I fared in overall Oscar picks as well as an overall Spring Break-down. Hope everyone enjoyed watching Oscar Night because I certainly did. Possibly, the best Oscar Night ever....

4 comments:

randyjgirard said...

It's been so long since pop culture was valid

Gaelic Star said...

Holla, homeslice. Hope to see you soon!

Bethany said...

Yay! It was the best Oscar Night ever. Who knew Oscars could be so fun without a TV?

the butcher. said...

Ryan, how many picks did i beat you by on Oscar night?

Tell the masses my friend ...