Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Musings

Yesterday, I was in the Marshbanks. That is something I do. And, typically, whilst I am there, I am eating at a bar-like area (dry campus) pressed against a window watching the world go by. On occasion, I have been known to bring a bag of tea and today was one such occasion. After a meal of salad and fruit (melon makes you "last" longer), I commenced to sipping some Tazo Honeybush (for haiku about tea go here). Just as the four minute window of steeping time had closed, I removed the bag from the mug and began to draw a long, meditative breath of delight. It was a bit cloudy outside -- not the happiest of days as I recall. I raised the brew to my lips and wallowed in the deluctable first sip of a fresh cup of savory, moist leaf. Just as that captivatingly warm liquor plummeted down my throat and into my soul I noticed, for my gaze had not left the world outside the window, that the clouds were parting and a little ray of sunlight was passing betwixt them. No joke, people. Tea, indeed, makes the sun shine.

For those of you who were unawares, the Nemein has recently been converted to the realms of the Blogspot Bloggers. It's good to know that someone is doing their part to keep the balance of Blogger v. Xanga pitted in the right direction. Let him know if you have anything original worth noting.

My final show on the Campbell University stage is coming to a close this weekend. Bittersweet to say the least (that rhymes...). There was alot of negativity and even more worried speculation at the onset of Neil Simon's Rumors, but thanks to some hard work and strict determinacy in ousting all that negativity, ladies and gentlemen, we have a show. Ellis theatre has filled a giant space in my heart and I'm not sure what nor where I will find her replacement. Perhaps more on this later....

Finally, a bit on Love. I love Love. It's so cool. I spent all day Sunday cursing Valentine's day: "Well if we're not secretly getting married because Christian marriage is being persecuted, I don't know why I should celebrate." I say Sunday and not Tuesday because everyone who has a life probably had something to do on Tuesday, so every self-respecting girlfriend/wife made their man postpone the holiday to a more convenient date. However, at the end of the day on Sunday, after a dozen roses, some sappy, chocolate covered fortune cookies, chalk-flavored heart antacids that will never be consumed because they aren't vegetarian (nothing says "I love you" like Tums), some risque literature, a delicious blackened salmon dinner with spinach and black beans, a ten-year-old bottle of vino, and a two-volume "Happy Valentines Day!!" cd-collection comprised by your truly (Vol. I "Dinner," Vol. II "After Dinner"), I came to the striking revelation that V-Day isn't all that bad. Sure it's alot of work and a pain in the ass, but who doesn't like a little romance (if you're single and boo-hooing about being lonely on Valentines, just revel in the fact that you get to save a ton of time and money -- unless you're a girl, then, nobody likes you). So here's to Love. Go Love, you so rock.

I hope you've been a-mused.

P.S. I'm so punny!

7 comments:

Gaelic Star said...

"Thanks a whole lot, Ryan," said the single girl.

Doyle said...

There's your post, now read it. Wondering what I'm talking about? Well, first off, that's a paraphrase from Monty Python's Bookshop skit, and second you'll have to check my blog for.

wanderingshadow said...

The tea = absolutely
Tums aren't vegetarian?
I'm curious now: your definition of Love?

The Cobra said...

Tums may, in fact, be veg -- not sure. However, little heart shaped antacids made by Necco (www.necco.com) contain Gelatin which is a bix mixture of pig/cow hoof, bone, and other by-product.

As far as "love" defined, I'll have to ponder on that...

AlohaAmby said...

P.S. You're so dummy!

Gaelic Star said...

Apparently, my e-sarcasm is subtler than yours... ;-)

bujinkankid said...

Yeah, I hope it's not a tumor too...that's mainly why I avoid doctors, I'd hate for one to tell me it is.