Monday, February 27, 2006

Life, Theatre, and the Future

You ever think about the future? I mean, I know there are people who get payed alot of money to think about the future: Nostradamus, Ms. Cleo, and some old dead Bible dudes. But, what about us lay-people who are not equipped with the gift of premonition, an excellent marketing scheme, or divine possession? Are we seriously expected to just carry about our daily lives never knowing what is to happen to us next? I suppose so.

I just closed my last Campbell Universtiy Theatre production and it was pretty intense. We had a great closing night and for that I am deeply grateful. To the cast of Rumors, to the crew, to Dennis Johnson, to ARG!!, to Georgia, to Mrs. Ellis, to everyone that blessed me with their knowledge and wisdom of the stage whilst I was greener than I am today (that's Bethany, Eric, Rockel, Andie, LeTrent, Zach, Hayworth, Egm, Kelly Wolfe, Monday, and anyone else that is missing from the Old Regime), and anyone and everyone that has supported me and my plight to resist the dark side: THANK YOU FOR MAKING THEATRE MY HEROINE!!

Things aren't looking so hot for Tisch. I never fooled myself into believing that I was going to be accepted so the let down isn't as hard nor as far as it could have potentially been. But, it still sucks. I want to act. I guess I'm doomed to grind it out the way so many others before me have had to do as well. Oh well, I'm in good company. I truly feel that if I can keep up the relationships with the people I have from the World of Theatre that I will never be jonesin' for a fix for too long.

Well, now I'm going to go stare into my crytal ball really hard (I bought it on QVC, great deal) and see if I can't find out precisely what it is I should be doing and where it is I'll be going. If any of you have one that works, give it a shot on my behalf. If you send me an address, I'll even send you a locke of my hair if it'll help. I mean, something, anything, just a sign...

7 comments:

Gaelic Star said...

How about life as a poet? *wink wink*

Doyle said...

Oh, I see, just because Doyle wasn't in the Theatre Program, he doesn't get mentioned in the "Old Regime". I guess we English Majors just aren't good enough to be mentioned by you Theatre People. Doyle isn't hurt. Just don't sleep for the next couple of nights, CU is a heck of a lot closer for me now.

wanderingshadow said...

Stare into your crystal ball for me too...

Bethany said...

Eric and I vote that you move down here to Atlanta. Just come visit and see if you like it. Free couch to sleep on! (For the visit... not the move)

Oh, and I vote that Doyle is a "theatre person" because he refers to himself in first person.

LT said...

Congrats dude! Now you get to come up to Raleigh and start working with me on a regular basis! We can start a whole NEW regime... one that will one day rule the world...

Ahem.

In any case, the office that I work for's website (www.nctc.org) lists all the auditions that are taking place over most of the state regularly. Well, as regularly as I feel inclined to update them, as that's my job. So, in a way, you are at my mercy. In a way.

Bethany said...

PS - I meant in "third person." I apologize for being an idiot. Please, oh, oh, please don't let me loose your endorsment.

PPS - If you'd like to see the auditons that Atlanta has at any given time go to www.atlantaperforms.com.

AlohaAmby said...

Amber votes that at leat 2/3 of ARG stay.