Thursday, January 19, 2006

"If you're a fan of hardcore country music this is one for you."

Monty and the Pythons

Sue these people.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not big on the Copyright Act of 1972, but throw me a freakin' bone here! This is blatant infringement upon the rights of the greatest comedy troupe of all time THE Monty Python.

Proof of this is evident if any of you iTunes subscribers care to do a search for "Monty Python." Right there with the other 10+ albums by the real guys is this utterly fraudulent composition by a group of individuals blatantly seeking exposure by riding on the coattails of geniusi. And if I know the Pythons (and I do) they would never let anyone ride on their coattails....especially some honky tonk, two-steppin', country-bubba from Nashville!

So, I am calling for a boycott of Monty and the Pythons. That includes any an all songs written by Monty Holmes. So if anyone who peruses this blog suffers through similar ear-hemorrhaging noise such as George Strait and LeAnne Womack...CEASE AND DESIST!! Change the radio station with all deliberate speed! Avoid CMT! And, most importantly, That Nasheville Network!

Only when these so called "pythons" (note the lower case) change their name, recall all their albums, submit a public apology to the real Pythons (and to me!), and admit that country music totally sucks balls will I entertain the idea of repealing my boycott. And not a second earlier!

We must protect the pockets of the Pythons! It's what they would want.

No comments: